Thursday, September 10, 2009

Planning an Engagement Party!



It's been a wild summer... so here I am, a handful of out of state weddings, bridal showers, baby showers and bachelorettes later, finally posting something about the big day!

My mom and I decided it'd be nice to throw an engagement party...hey, you only do this once so you'd better make it fun! She suggested a cocktail party with a few close friends and family, some good music and a delicious spread. How does one say no to that? Of course my first reaction was: invites! I love all things paper-related and can browse a stationery store for much longer than is really neccessary. Please let me tell you about my new-found discoverey at paper-source.com and the Paper Source store at The Forum in Carlsbad... too good to be true. They have all you need, especially if you're a D.I.Y. kind of gal like myself. They carry specialty fine paper, paper with prints, ribbon, custom rubber stamps, all pieces needed for an invitation suite and accessories in every color under the sun. I got the long, black, open-end envelopes to put my invite in, which I designed and got printed, cut up a yard of their beautiful silk ribbon dyed from old chinese silk parachutes and put it all on a black cardstock flat card for a nice border. I think they came out well! I love the splash of that dark teal ribbon as a little pull tab when you first open the envelope...I told you I was obsessed with this paper stuff! At least most things from The Paper Source are produced with 30% post-consumer waste and are visibly stamped with the "PS Green Choices" symbol.
My dahlia-like design on the invite was inspired from some green button mums I had that week in my living room...another thing I am obsessed with, botany! So basiaclly I'm the crazy paper/plant lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment