Thursday, September 10, 2009

I heart. . .


The first time I visited MCASD in La Jolla was on a field trip (I was not 7 years old, nor was I on a yellow school bus). I was actually about 20 years old and it was for one of my Art major courses at San Diego State. I of course was blown away by some of these amazing local artists, photographers, sculptors, conceptual innovators! It was so refreshing to be amongst modern art and get away from Art History 101 for awhile ( I still love you, Seurat). But mostly, I was so in awe of the architectural design of this building that it really made me appreciate not only the art inside but this magnificent shell around it! You know the saying, 'location, location, location...' there is not a better view than the one from the west glass walls on the 2nd floor... it's La Jolla Coves at it's finest! Such an expansive view of Cuvier Park, the seals, a bit of downtown city La Jolla and well, the Pacific.

I guess you could say I had my little heart set on that little museum from the moment I stepped foot in it. I booked the Museum for June 26, 2010, the day of our 9 year anniversary and I couldn't be happier. I love how when I first took Paul there he just said...'this is it'. A lovely blend of his favorite thing and mine; the ocean and art. I can't wait to continue the planning process with Eric Reichman, the helpful MCASD Event Coordinator, then perhaps have lunch at The Museum Cafe, one of Giuseppe Ciuffa's masterpiece dining spots right there on the site...mmmm, please try their Ultimate Grilled Cheese. Seriously. Run, don't walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment