Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Creating a Style File Folder




I have a black 3-ring binder folder of magazine cut-outs, online print-outs and bridal show hand-outs that I've been saving for years! This is something my mother and I began to do when we aimlessly flipped through bridal magazines. We would just get 'inspired' and wanted to remember these creative ideas in the future. Being in the wedding, design and event industry, I've seen some really beautiful ideas out there so the folder has really helped me narrow down all my favorite things I want to do and incorporate into the big day. It's also helped immensely in the decision making process. 

No matter if it's a fabric swatch, a pattern you saw in Architectural Digest or a red carpet hairstyle you saved to your desktop favorites- save and print these out! Chances are, you will forgot these little things when your big day draws near, so always keep it handy and you can edit through that folder later on. But if it strikes you in any way; color, design, shape, style- rip it out and save it!


No comments:

Post a Comment