Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Woah. Where did you go January?





It is officially the 5 month mark today. I didn't even realize until Paul asked me what the date was today. Sure, I had a mini panick attack- I guess I'm still reeling from that because I just spelled panic with a 'k'- but I'm ok now...

Save the dates should be coming in any day now from OvernightPrints.com. They do all sorts of postcards there. We got ours printed on an offsett printer as opposed to a digital laser print. I guess I was really going for an old school vibe and wanted to pay homage to all the hours of sweat, tears and ink stained fingernails from Lithography classes I once took (it's an archaic form of printing, where the image is put onto limestone, then transferred onto paper, rolled through a press and basically, from the repulsion of oil and water, your image magically appears onto paper- awesome.)

I designed my vintage inspired postcard using a great black and white, out of focus image from our engagement shoot with theorie. To top off the whole nostalgic feeling I scanned in an image of my grandparents on their wedding day from 1951 at The Tavern on the Green in Central Park, New York. It's the coolest image and I don't know how they had the capacity do that kind of "cut and paste" design work back then, but they did. I used the edge of their photo border to go around our image and I think it worked well! What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment